We offer food such free dinner, benevolence, counseling and a welcoming environment to our members and guests.
WLC counseling is confidential and Christian-based offered to members, non-members and just about anyone who needs help. Our goal is to help guide you toward healing and wholeness. Whether you are dealing with a challenging relationship, the loss of a loved one, feelings of anger or hopelessness, there is help for you. Pastor Lawyer is committed to helping you discover how the Spirit of God is already working to assist you with life’s transitions.
To schedule a counseling appointment, call 614-975-5220 or click on the contact form!
In presenting your child for dedication to God, you are confessing your faith in Jesus Christ and acknowledge your duty as parents to bring your child up in the fear and admonition of the Lord, so that he/she may later, of his/her own free choice, confess his/her faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and accept Him as his/her personal Savior, uniting through the church through baptism, and dedicating himself/herself to the service of God.
Dedications are done on the FOURTH SUNDAY of each month at 11:00 am service. Please be mindful that we try to schedule no more than 2 children per service. When scheduling your child’s dedication, we’ll need you to complete and return the electronic “Baby Dedication Form”. Please add the words TAG:BABY DEDICATION, along with a picture (optional) of your child 3-4 weeks prior to scheduling the dedication.
At the appropriate time in the worship celebration, the Pastor and/or designee will call for those having babies to dedicate to come forward. All family members should gather in the front of the podium while the parents and child go to CENTER STAGE. Once you’re at the podium, the Pastor and/or designee will:
RECITING WORDS OF SCRIPTURE
- Ask BOTH parents and family members to respond “WE DO” to the following promises:
- Do you, as parents and family, recognize this child as a gift of God, give thanks, and praise for how God has blessed you?
- Do you acknowledge your own faith in God as Creator, Christ as Savior and the Spirit of God as our teacher, comforter and guide?
- Do you promise to the best of your ability to give this child every possible benefit of home, family, school and church?
- Ask the father (mother if father is not present) the name the child
- Pray for and anoint the child with oil on the forehead as a symbol of the blessing of God (Psalm 23)
- As a reminder, use the contact page to let us know your desire for baby dedication!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHAT IS THE AGE REQUIREMENT FOR DEDICATIONS AT WLC? Children between the ages of 3 months and 5 years old can be scheduled for dedication.
- IS THERE SPECIAL ATTIRE THAT MY CHILD MUST WEAR ON THE DAY OF DEDICATION? It is traditional for children to wear all-white clothing when being dedicated. However, we don’t have a specific dress requirement for the dedication.
- MAY I TAKE PICTURES AND/OR VIDEO RECORD MY CHILD’S DEDICATION? This is a very special moment in the life of your child, so we allow you to video record this portion of the worship service. Pictures may be taken during the dedication service, but please be mindful of others seated behind you.
- WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY CHILD’S CERTIFICATE? Your child’s Dedication Certificate will be mailed on the Monday following the dedication.
- WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL MY CHILD’S DEDICATION? If you need to cancel your child’s dedication, you should immediately using the contact page or by calling 614-975-5220.
HOT MEALS PROGRAM
The church provide free dinner every Monday from 3-5PM. Reservations are not required.
Why not join us?
- You will meet Pastor and First Lady
- You will enjoy good conversation
- You will laugh (laughter is god for the soul)
- You can bring the entire family
- You can invite others to come with you
We believe that individual faith is built upon a dose of daily, personal, walk with Jesus, that is centered on prayer. If you have prayer needs, we encourage you to submit your needs in the form below and we will spend time in intercessory prayer for you.
“… The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)
You can submit a prayer request at the contact page. Your confidential request will go to a team who will talk to God and no one else.